Conventional addiction treatments that follow the 12-Step method have helped numerous people toward recovery. But many who complete these programs find that they still feel something is missing. 12-Step recovery often focuses on treating addiction at the mental level. While this is important, it’s also essential to go beyond that and heal its root causes.
At The Sanctuary at Sedona, we focus on a complete roadmap to recovery. Within our holistic rehabilitation center in Sedona, AZ, our integrative addiction recovery program includes science-based, holistic treatments that dig deeper than just mental-level therapy. We pay equal attention to the mind, body, soul and spirit — because addiction involves all parts of your being. Here, you go beyond just learning techniques for remedying symptoms. You’ll learn how to connect with your authentic self and rediscover life’s joys.
What Is Holistic Treatment?
Holistic treatment is a form of healing that considers every area of a person’s life. In medicine, holistic therapies are characterized by healing the whole person. They account for an individual’s body, mind, emotions, spirit and various other factors to help them achieve optimal wellness.
The goal of holistic treatment is to help people find proper balance in their life. The belief is that although a person is made up of different parts, each element is interdependent. If one area of your life is not working properly, then all the other parts are affected. This concept means any imbalance — physical, emotional, intellectual or spiritual — can impact your overall health.
The term holistic treatment is a broad category that includes a wide array of therapeutic techniques designed to help people achieve optimal wellness. Today, holistic treatments are used with various medical practices to help people find and achieve their individual health goals, including general health and wellness, mental and emotional health and addiction medicine. Some of the most recognized holistic offerings include:
- Lifestyle changes, like diet and exercise
- Indigenous wisdom traditions like acupuncture, yoga and meditation
- Complementary therapies like chiropractic care, IV therapy and massage therapy
- Psychotherapies, like cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Family, relationship and spiritual counseling
- Doctor-prescribed medications
Holistic Healing for Addiction
Holistic treatment sees addiction as a symptom of the entire human system — which requires that equal attention be paid to its mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects. Because of this, The Sanctuary seeks to combine cutting-edge addiction therapies with more natural healing treatments for addiction.
Your comprehensive and personalized program may include the following therapies (and so much more) to ensure each area of your life is addressed during the holistic healing process:
- Psychology/therapy sessions
- Mindfulness and meditation practice
- Life skills and recovery coaching
- Nutritional counseling and meals based on healthy, organic superfoods
- Nature therapy
- Yoga and exercise
- Breathwork techniques
- Ceremony as a means of self-discovery
- Creative therapies for reconnecting with yourself
- Education on your energy body and its role in recovery
- Energy medicine techniques to restore you to a state of balance
- Removal of disruptive energy patterns, which can deregulate the nervous system
Holistic Healing for Mental and Emotional Health Issues
Mental and emotional health issues impact every aspect of life. Truly effective treatment must provide a more comprehensive approach. Too often, patients experiencing trauma, depression or anxiety are treated as a series of symptoms rather than a whole individual. This approach can lead to misdiagnoses and a great deal of frustration as individuals try one ineffectual treatment after another without truly addressing the underlying issue.
At The Sanctuary, our holistic approach recognizes mental health and emotional difficulties as conditions of the mind, body and spirit. Our comprehensive methods help you find healing from trauma, depression and PTSD naturally, supporting lasting wellness.
What Is a Holistic Recovery Center?
The Sanctuary at Sedona is more than an addiction treatment center — we are a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual rehab center committed to helping you find a more holistic path to healing. Each individual we meet is unique, with their own struggles, hopes and goals. As a true holistic recovery center, we are pioneers in holistic treatment. We want to hear your story so we can find the therapies and services that will best meet your recovery goals.
The Sanctuary takes a truly comprehensive approach to treating addiction. Our program is based on four distinct stages of healing:
- Identifying the beliefs you’ve accrued over time, the wounds that caused them and the defenses you’ve built to cope with them
- Shedding a light on parts of yourself, both positive and negative, that have been avoided and hidden away
- Healing and reintegrating lost parts of yourself to restore you to wholeness — envisioning a future that aligns with your life’s purpose
- Implementing real-life changes and living out your passions
Here, you’re guided through every stage of the recovery journey by a loving, attentive team. Our expert practitioners assist you through each step, paying close attention to your progress. While the work we do is pretty major, we intentionally pace the program so that it feels achievable and doesn’t overwhelm you.