Gestalt therapy is psychotherapy that focuses on increasing self-direction, awareness and freedom. You will focus more on the present moment rather than your past experiences because your current environment influences you. The goal is to help you cultivate empathy, reduce distress and accept how you feel.
As with many holistic treatments, gestalt therapy looks at the whole person — the mind, soul, body and emotions. Gestalt therapy helps you gain new perspectives on the present. Call us at (866) 750-0763 to speak with a counselor and start your healing journey.
Gestalt Therapy Benefits
Gestalt therapy offers numerous advantages for people recovering from an addiction. These benefits can include:
- Improving self-awareness and confidence.
- Increasing self-acceptance.
- Healing and coping with stress.
- Making peace with the past.
- Enhancing relationships with others.
- Decreasing anxiety.
- Improving mindfulness and mood.
- Taking accountability for your actions.
Gestalt therapy provides many benefits for individuals healing from addiction and trauma when used as part of a holistic treatment plan.