Movement therapy has existed for thousands of years, dating back to ancient times. It’s used in many cultures worldwide to help treat illnesses of the spirit, mind and body. It is used as part of treatment for issues like addiction and trauma because these practices encourage the patient to become proactively involved in their health. Interested in learning more? Call us at (866) 750-0763 to speak with a counselor.
Benefits of Movement Therapy | Movement Therapy Techniques | Body Movement Therapy for Addiction Recovery
Benefits of Movement Therapy
Movement-based therapy provides numerous advantages to people working toward recovery from addiction, trauma and other mental illnesses. Many of these benefits include:
- A decrease in fear-based avoidance behaviors to help encourage a proactive approach to health and wellness.
- Customizable practices tailored to the patient’s needs and work for people of any ability level.
- A safe and useful supplemental treatment option for addiction and trauma.
- Focuses on wellness in physical, social, psychological and spiritual health.
- A reduction of stress and pain associated with addiction, trauma and other mental health conditions.
Movement therapy — when used with other standard psychological or medical treatments — can be highly beneficial and offers a holistic approach to addiction recovery.