Sanctuary Sedona is a top rehabilitation center near Sedona, AZ with state of the art infrastructure, modern amenities, and evidence-based treatment programs. At our rehab in Sedona, we offer holistic treatment for addiction, depression, anxiety, and trauma.
What are the different types of depression?
We are one of the few drug treatment centers in Sedona to offer highly effective treatment programs and therapies for co-occurring mental disorders like anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc. Some of the common types of depression that present, along with addiction include:
- Major depression - This type of addiction affects an alarming 7% of the American population and presents with symptoms like extreme sadness, irritability, lack of energy, and insomnia.
- Dysthymia - Individuals with this type of depression feel blue and gloomy all the time and often resort to the use of substances or alcohol to mask their mood, negative emotions, and feelings. Individuals with dysthymia can face problems at school, work, and relationships.
- Seasonal affective disorder - Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a type of depression caused by climates, seasons, or variations of light, and individuals experience symptoms like anxiety, mood swings, and insomnia.
Most patients with depression resort to substances, prescription drugs, or alcohol to escape their symptoms. We treat all types of co-occurring mental disorders and aid in fast drug and alcohol addiction recovery in Sedona.
Depression and addiction treatment
We are the best drug and alcohol rehab center in Sedona to offer highly effective treatments and therapies for co-occurring mental disorders like depression, PTSD, OCD, etc. Before we determine a treatment approach for depression, we consider factors like gender, age, the severity of the addiction, type of depression, duration of substance abuse, etc. We use a combination of oral medications and psychotherapy to treat depression. We also conduct weekly meetings for recovering addicts that suffer from depression. These meetings offer the perfect platform for individuals to share their recovery journeys, challenges, and traumatic memories.
We treat depression with oral medications that contain selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and by prescribing atypical and tricyclic antidepressants. We also use holistic therapy, nutritional therapy, biofeedback, cognitive behavioral therapy, and other evidence-based scientific therapies to help recovering addicts overcome addiction.
We perform a multitude of tests to diagnose the co-occurring disorder. Some of the methods we use to diagnose depression include:
- Physical exam - Our physician will conduct a comprehensive physical exam to detect the underlying health conditions, if any, which may or may not have a connection to a person's mental health.
- Lab tests - We conduct a variety of diagnostic tests like blood count, thyroid test, sugar test, etc. to learn about any underlying health conditions that could be contributing to depression.
- Psychological evaluation - Our highly skilled mental health professionals conduct a variety of tests and one-on-one sessions to diagnose depression and its cause. Based on the type of depression, we plan an appropriate treatment course.
Call Sanctuary Sedona today for more details on our non-12 step holistic addiction and trauma healing center. We are a top rehab in Sedona to offer our patients with gluten-free gourmet meals and therapeutic, evidence-based therapies.Rehab Sedona
View Larger Map