The Sanctuary at Sedona’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Response Policy April 17, 2022
The Sanctuary at Sedona Inc.’s (“The Sanctuary”) Policy is based on our governing legal agency, Arizona Department of Health Services’, guidelines re COVID 19.
As new information becomes available re safety measures to be taken, we are absolutely committed to the health and well-being of our staff, clients, and community and will respond by updating this policy as needed.
The Sanctuary’s health and safety protocol in response to the COVID-19 includes the following:
- On arrival, New Admitting Clients must show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before admission. The test can be either an approved rapid at-home test with a date-stamped photo of the test result, an Antigen test, or a Viral lab test (NAAT or other approved viral lab test) from a testing center, provider, or pharmacy. In addition, New Clients will undergo a symptom screening for COVID-19. All New Clients must be cleared before being officially admitted into our program and facility.
- New Admitting Clients who have tested positive for COVID 19 as specified above will not be admitted until they meet the following Arizona Department of Health Services and CDC guidelines:1. Stayed home away from others or under Isolation precautions for at least 5 full days since they received the positive COVID-19 test, AND
2. They have no fever for at least 1 day (24 hours) without the use of medicine that reduces fevers; AND
3. Are otherwise symptom-free (other than a symptom of loss of taste and smell), AND
4. These Potential Clients must receive a negative approved COVID-19 supervised Antigen Rapid Test or Viral Lab retest prior to Admission.
5. Admitting Clients that continue to have symptoms after 5 days of Isolation must continue Isolation until they are symptom-free AND retest negative as outlined above.
6. Potential Admitting Clients who are admitted after meeting the criteria above will be required to wear a well-fitting mask in the program for 5 days after the date of their negative retest and leaving Isolation.
• Our staff is monitoring current Clients throughout the day.
- Any current Client who presents with COVID-19 symptoms* will be immediately Quarantined and tested on the property using an approved antigen rapid test for COVID-19, as instructed by our Medical Director.• If the Client’s on-site antigen test is positive they may at the discretion of our Medical Director be taken to a local designated COVID-19 testing site for a follow-up confirmation with an approved COVID-19 viral lab test and be Quarantined until their test results are provided.
• Any Client who tests positive with the on-site antigen test may request a follow-up confirmation with an approved COVID-19 viral lab test at a local designated COVID-19 testing site.
• Per the AZ Department of Health Services Guidelines for Residential Healthcare and CDC guidelines, a Client who tests positive on either the on-site approved antigen rapid test or the confirming viral lab test (if received) will remain in Isolation:
• For at least 5 full days AND
• Have no fever for at least 1 day (24 hours) without the use of medicine that reduces fevers AND
Be otherwise symptom-free (other than a symptom of loss of taste and smell), AND
• Client retests negative on a COVID-19 rapid antigen test after being symptom-free as specified above.
• Clients that continue to have symptoms after 5 days of Isolation must continue in Isolation until they are symptom-free AND retest negative as outlined above.
Clients who leave Isolation after meeting the criteria outlined above will be required to wear a well-fitting mask in the program for 5 days after leaving Isolation.
• Clients who test positive on either the on-site approved antigen rapid test or the confirming viral lab test (if received) can also choose to be discharged. Discharged Clients are advised that they should remain in Isolation and not travel in public carriers, including but not limited to, shuttles, buses, trains, and airplanes.
• Any other Clients or Staff who have had Close Contact/Exposure to a Client who tests positive and is in Isolation will receive on-site approved rapid antigen COVID-19 testing. In addition, any client may request an on-site approved COVID-19 rapid antigen test.
Our staff is monitored for COVID-19 symptoms* on each workday and are required to show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test after airline travel before returning to work.
• Visitors to campus are scheduled, except as required by the AZ Department of Health. Visitors are met by a staff member who asks about COVID-19 symptoms* and have a temperature check. If the temperature shows evidence of fever and/or they have other symptoms of COVID-19*, they are asked to reschedule their visit.
• Extra sanitation and cleaning measures have been implemented throughout the facility.
• Immune-boosting protocols have been added for all residents to strengthen their immune systems at this time. The protocols were designed by our Functional Medicine doctor and include an anti-inflammatory diet, immune-building supplement protocols, and mitochondrial upregulation protocols. (These treatments are not intended to treat COVID-19, rather they are designed to strengthen the immune system.)
• We are unable to social distance in consideration of the necessities of the therapy sessions and the other essential services offered. However, we have face masks available for clients and staff as requested.
We do not require the COVID-19 Vaccine for Staff or Clients at this time.
Founder, Administrator, Counselor
*Common symptoms of COVID-19 include, but may not be limited to, the following; fever, cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.